Thursday, August 25, 2011

Drunken Chicken?

Hello Hello!
I hope everyone is doing well, and getting ready for this hurricane!
Tonight is Beer Can Chicken courtesy of our one and only Bobby Flay!
I have purchased a vertical beer chicken roaster..you don't need this but I
always have to have the gadgets! I soaked the chicken in white vinegar, and
then washed the vinegar out. I patted the chicken with paper towels and
made an olive oil and chicken rub marinade. I smothered the chicken and let it
marinate for 8 hours. I opened a can of beer because the recipe calls for a half a can of be
er to be placed on the vertical beer chicken roaster. Now, Now, the recipe calls for you to drink the
other half before ANY cooking is done! I used fresh sage and oregeno,
and placed the sprigs in the can along with 3 cloves of garlic. I also added some
dry rub to the beer can. I placed the chicken on top of the can, with the legs,
facing me and the wings tied back. I chopped some red and green peppers, onions, and
garlic to a pan and placed the vertical beer chicken in the pan. This pan acts as a
drip catcher and helps with basting. I placed the entire pan on the grill, and baste
every half hour. The end result is beautiful!

1 comment: